XXProjectXX is the placeholder name for this project until such time as we get to name the project.
If you haven’t seen the video introduction I put together… please click here.
If you’re here to help… please read on.
I’m going to put XXProjectXX as the name into the project, so when we do get a name… it’ll be easily updated.
[read more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Imagine a world in which every human being can experience the joy of education, freely and without bias. That’s the idea.
The opportunity to say “I want to be a fireman!” and then be able to access everything that gets you to that goal at a pace you’re able to handle.
What if you just want an education without being lumbered with crippling bills. This has to be free.
I just want you to enjoy learning as much as I do.
Pick a curriculum and off you go. Enjoy yourself. Enjoy learning. Change your life or many others and for many generations yet to join us.
Why education sometimes is inaccessible
- What if your teacher is out sick?
- What if you can’t make it to school or college for weather or transport reasons?
- Where can you go to learn or need a bit of a hand going over material that isn’t quite sticking?
- Need a little more help or reading around a subject?
- What if you would like to learn something new but there are no teachers nearby?
What is XXProjectXX?
XXProjectXX is basically a big index system.
The interface is localised so people read it in their preferred language.
It links distinct training materials, into structured curriculum, which sequentially deliver material in a progressive manner.
Think of it like this. I want to be an astronaut or I want to be a fisherman…
- Watch these videos here.
- Read this article here
- Consider these pages
- Join a discussion in these places
- If you want formal accreditation contact these sources.
It’s possible to learn algebra from Wikipedia, Google and Youtube, wouldn’t it be handy if someone gave you the order to watch it in.
The project needs sense checking before I can release it because it is based on formal academic approaches including curriculums, learning objectives and supporting connectivism.
The mission is to empower and engage teachers around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it to students in a structured manner, freely, effectively and globally.
The legacy is to create an online syllabus of videos and related material, with no national or religious bias to facilitate education of everyone who wants to learn and to keep useful educational information from all our projects available on the Internet free of charge, in perpetuity.
As Diderot of Wikipedia so eloquently states:
“[To] transmit [the knowledge] to those who will come after us, so that the work of preceding centuries will not become useless to the centuries to come; and so that our offspring, becoming better instructed, will at the same time become more virtuous and happy, and that we should not die without having rendered a service to the human race.”
How you might want to help
The first bit needed is a name. I believe Boaty McBoatface is taken.
Something catchy and something that’ll help the entire world in every language connect with learning. Web encyclopedia became Wikipedia.
Next, I have a structure which mirrors formal education in a number of countries and I need teachers help to sense check that I’m on the right track.
Also, we are going to have to build one or two for people to try. I could use a hand.
Finally this is a big undertaking and I won’t be able to do this alone, so any form of help is appreciated. Design, programmers, dbas, hosting, it’s all going to be from scratch. If you fancy getting in contact I’ll build a communications list and keep everyone up to date on whats happening.
The setup will have to be through English, as that’s my first language and my Irish and German are not strong enough to take this on you. If only there were training course free for me to follow!
What XXProjectXX is not
- XXProjectXX does not seek to replace teachers. The dedicated, hard-working, selfless act of electing to be a teacher, who can react and adapt in real time to student’s needs, can never be replaced.
- XXProjectXX does not seek to replace the school / college / university experience. Learning with others and social development is a wonderful experience in every human’s life if they have the privilege of experiencing it.
- XXProjectXX does not seek to remove the act of grinds and extra-curricular classes. The social experience and personal attention that extra classes can provide are in harmony with this website, seeking to educate an individual and helping them enjoy the gift of learning.
- XXProjectXX is not a certification company or seeks to provide certification of a student’s learning. Whilst providing links to material for testing and quizzes does not seek to accredit or provide certification of study performed. XXProjectXX will not promote one educational accreditation board over another but will supply lists of accreditors where appropriate.
Why am I doing this? For a number of reasons. Everyone deserves an education yet not everyone has access to one.
Society predicts that robotics will likely take over most manual jobs by 2025, so people have to be more educated.
Education should not be a benefit to where you are born or your circumstance. Everyone deserves equal access.
Yet it’s up to people have to make it equal for those who have not.
I come from being very lucky in a lot of ways in terms of health, education, family and support. Sharing is caring, why shouldn’t we.
I have some amazing nephews, nieces and close family friends with children, they deserve the very best.
My parents gave me every opportunity, now its my turn!
If I could have had my grandfather show me how to tie a fishing lure, how would I feel? If a great great great grandchild is taught to do something by video… what legacy will the world leave for future generations.
The time to change something is now… I’m just in a position to maybe facilitate that change.
I can’t do it alone so I’ll ask friends, family and the Internet for help. Feel like helping?